• What is the Institutional Review Board (IRB)?
• What is the IRB’s FWA number?
• What does the IRB look for when reviewing an application?
• What are some common mistakes that I should avoid?
• Does evaluation require IRB review?
• Does “exempt” mean that my study doesn’t need IRB review?
• What is the definition of minimal risk?
• How do I complete the enrollment table in the continuing review application and final report forms?
• How does SurveyMonkey adhere to IRB guidelines?
• When are third parties considered human subjects?
• Can I mask citations in my publications to further protect the confidentiality of participants?
• If I am collaborating with researchers at external institutions, which IRB reviews my study?
Principal Investigators and Study Team Members
• Who can be a Principal Investigator (PI)?
• What are the PI’s responsibilities?
• When should I list collaborators as study team members?
• What if I want to enroll in my own research study?
• Can I enroll my children in my own research?
• Do I need IRB review if my study is not funded?
• Why does the IRB need a copy of my grant or contract?
• The sponsoring agency wants to see that the study has IRB approval prior to releasing funds, but I haven't finished developing my study yet. What should I do?
• Where and how long should the study-related documents be stored after my study is closed?
• How do I prevent Qualtrics from collecting IP addresses?
• What do I need to know about informed consent?• How do I know whether my consent form is written at a level that study subjects will understand?
• How can I reduce the reading level or increase the reading ease of my consent document?
• What do I do if a research participant tells me about an experience with sexual harassment or sexual violence?
• What is the Impact of Mandatory Reporting Legislation on IRB-approved Research?
• What do I need to know before enrolling in a research study?
Oregon State University
A312 Kerr Administration
Corvallis, OR 97331-2140