• What is the Institutional Review Board (IRB)?
• What is the IRB’s FWA number?
• What does the IRB look for when reviewing an application?
• What common mistakes are found in IRB applications and how can I avoid them?
• Does evaluation require IRB review?
• Does “exempt” mean that my study doesn’t need IRB review?
• What is the definition of minimal risk?
• How do I complete the enrollment table in the continuing review application and final report forms?
• When are third parties considered human subjects?
• Can I mask citations in my publications to further protect the confidentiality of participants?
• If I am collaborating with researchers at external institutions, which IRB reviews my study?
• I am collaborating with OHSU; what should I submit to OSU?
• What is the difference between feasibility studies and pilot testing?
• How do I describe the use of pre-existing data in the application materials?
• What is the total "target enrollment" number?
• Who can be a Principal Investigator (PI)?
• What are the PI’s responsibilities?
• When should I list collaborators as study team members?
• What if I want to enroll in my own research study?
• Can I enroll my children in my own research?
• How do I renew my CITI training?
• Do I need IRB review if my study is not funded?
• Why does the IRB need a copy of my grant or contract?
• The sponsor requested the IRB approval notice prior to releasing funds, but my study is not ready for review. What should I do?
• What if my funding source requires that I make my data publicly available?
• Where and how long should the study-related documents be stored after my study is closed?
• How do I prevent Qualtrics from collecting IP addresses?
• How does SurveyMonkey adhere to IRB guidelines?
• What do I need to know about informed consent?
• How do I know whether my consent form is written at a level that study subjects will understand?
• How can I reduce the reading level or increase the reading ease of my consent document?
• What do I do if a research participant tells me about an experience with sexual harassment or sexual violence?
• What is the Impact of Mandatory Reporting Legislation on IRB-approved Research?
• What do I need to know before enrolling in a research study?
A312 Kerr Administration
Corvallis, OR 97331-2140