- Advancing your Research
- Major Initiatives
- Centers and Institutes
- Office for Research Development
- Cannabis Research
- International Research
This is the annual call for proposals for the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Stipends. Please forward to interested faculty in your schools and encourage them to apply.
The NEH Summer Stipends competition is now open. The stipends provide $6,000 during summer 2019. Applications are due to OSU August 27, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. OSU can nominate two faculty and will forward the supported applications to NEH by the September 26, 2018 deadline. Please follow this process:
1. Consult the national website and get the proper application information: http://www.neh.gov/grants/research/summer-stipends. The left column includes links to the guidelines as well as links to successful sample application narratives.
2. Submit a paper version of your application. This includes a 3-page narrative and a 2-page vita to the College of Liberal Arts (Bexell 200) by 5:00 p.m., August 27. Note: Although you need two letters of recommendation for a national nomination, you DO NOT need to have the letters for the local, OSU portion of the selection process. You only need to supply the NAMES of your recommenders for your OSU nomination.
3. A committee appointed by the Dean will select the two supported applications to be submitted to the national competition. Those nominees will be notified by September 14.
4. The two nominees will work with me on their respective applications to meet the September 26, 2018 deadline. Nominees will need to ensure that their letters of recommendation will also follow through.
If you have questions about this process, please feel free to contact me.
Eric Wayne Dickey, Research Program Administrator
College of Liberal Arts - Office of the Dean