- Advancement Academy
- Large Proposals
- Limited Submissions
- Internal Funding
Solicitation: NSF 21-536
For the Fall 2023 Round:
The program supports interdisciplinary, evidence-based traineeships that advance ways for graduate students in research-based master's and doctoral degree programs to pursue a range of STEM careers.
Proposals may be submitted under two tracks (i.e., Track 1 and Track 2). Track 1 proposals may request a total budget (up to five years in duration) up to $3 million for projects with a focus on STEM graduate students in research-based PhD and/or master’s degree programs. Oregon State University is only eligible for Track 1.
COVER SHEET (1 page) -please use an 11 point or higher font with one-inch margins.
PROJECT SYNOPSIS (1-2 pages) - Please use an 11-point or higher font with one-inch margins.
1. Intellectual Merit. How will the program advance knowledge and understanding within its field or across different fields (Intellectual Merit)? To what extent do the proposed activities suggest and explore creative, original, or potentially transformative concepts?
2. Integration of Research and Education: How does this project address training needs that are not currently available at the institution(s) and/or in disciplines?
3. Interdisciplinarity or Convergence. How will the project engage multiple disciplines appropriately to solve the research problems identified? Will the proposed convergent research and training integrate knowledge, methods, and expertise from different disciplines to potentially form novel frameworks to catalyze scientific discovery and innovation?
4. Professional Development. What is the plan to provide NRT trainees with professional development training for a range of research and research-related career pathways, both within and outside academia?
5. Integrating Diversity into NSF Programs, Projects, and Activities. What is the quality of the recruiting and retention plans to broaden participation?
6. Evaluation. Discuss your approach to evaluation, including any planned involvement of professional evaluators. How will you assess success?
Submit your Notice of Intent to the:
Problems with the Smartsheet platform - or questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org